Saturday, July 25, 2009

Well, with one week remaining, I've already had to say goodbye to several friends at work. Although I am REALLY excited about our upcoming adventures, I am going to miss a lot of people I've worked with. We will celebrate my last work day, the 31st of July, with a department potluck - YUM (any excuse to eat, right?).

Our plans and preparations are coming together pretty well. We purchased a bunch of our gear at REI (it is a terrific, nearly one-stop shopping experience for the traveler) when we were in Portland last weekend. I also sent our passports to the Vietnamese embassy in Washington, DC last week, so our visas should arrive in a couple of weeks.

August 3rd, we leave for NC for the beginning of our USA roadtrip. Our fuzzy orange boy, Tatie, will be spending the next several months with his grandparents (we haven't broken the news to him yet; hopefully he will catch on somewhere on the interstate system) at the coast. I will miss him, but I know he'll be in loving hands.

2 comments:

  1. Rebekah, I'm so sorry I missed your last day:-(
    I am leaving for Belize on Monday, not quite the incredible journey your taking (we'll be gone 17 days). If you want to keep up with us were at http://holemansandbrinksinbelize.blogspot.com/

    I'll keep checking in to see how you are doing. I hope to travel more in the years to come...maybe to Vietnam! Have a great time and don't forget us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH for cryin out loud! Adam Holeman is - Kathy Holeman...:-)Sheesh

    ReplyDelete